It's official! We have moved to our new District website, now located at acpsd.net. Please take a moment to visit and explore our new online home for updated information on all items related to Aiken County Public Schools.
As a reminder, our individual school web pages will continue to link back to School Fusion (hosted at this site) until the start of the new school year when all school-related pages will make the transition to our new web platform.
Thank you for your continued interest in and support of Aiken County Public Schools, and welcome to acpsd.net!
Reading Recovery is…
· For first graders who struggle with early reading and writing
· Individual 30-minute lessons
· Free (no cost to families)
· Short-term, just 12 to 20 weeks (30 to 50 hours)
Reading Recovery is not…
· Special education
· A replacement for classroom teaching
Reading Recovery works because…
· Highly trained teachers work intensively, with individual children each school day
· Lessons are planned to build on the knowledge and strengths of each child
Families can help by…
· Being sure your child’s school attendance is as regular as possible
· Listening to your child read books sent home by the Reading Recovery teacher
· Making reading time positive, short, and enjoyable
· Returning books each day so the teacher can send home new books